Systems that are properly maintained endure longer than ones that are used and ignored. In addition to getting an annual 15 point inspection by a trained technician, keeping an eye on your system at home can help increase the longevity and efficiency of your system.
- Make sure your furniture location doesn’t hinder the flow of air from registers or to the return grill.
- If your system doesn’t seem to be working right, check your filter, it may be excessively dirty or blocked.
- Keep the area around your outdoor unit free of weeds and other foliage as they will restrict air flow and cause inefficiency.
- If any unusual noises are heard from the equipment let us know. It could prevent a major breakdown.
- If you’re not getting any heating or cooling, check the circuit breakers before calling for help needlessly.
- Minimize the number of times you re-adjust the thermostat, each change will waste a little energy.
- Make sure your clothes dryer is vented to the outside; this will reduce the air conditioning load and excessive moisture.
- Should a lightning storm occur with power flickering off & on, turn the thermostat to the off position until it stabilizes.